N'awlins at heart

Sunday, July 15, 2007

"What kind of husband do you have?"

That, my friends, is a direct quote from W1's doctor. As some of you know, W1 got sick Friday. At first we were both surprised that 2 Margaritas would leave her so hung over. Saturday morning she went to the doctor and found out she had Strep Throat and Bronchitus. Now that's one Hell of a hangover. So, needless to say, she spent most of the weekend in bed. I did what I could to take care of her.

The funny thing was, I mentioned if they gave her antibiotics, they are supposed to cancel out Birth Control Pills. So, when she was prescribed antibiotics, she asked if that was true. Which brought up the doctors question. I had to laugh when she told me this. Like she was at the doctors office ready to vomit and pass out at the same time, and in the meantime, I'm sitting at home half nude drooling waiting to pouce on her as soon as she enters the door. That was not necessarily the case. Homever, that scenario is likely to occur in the next few weeks. You know, once she gets better.

He informed her that was the case in the 80's. But not so much now. Whatever the case is, I'm not ready to take that risk right now, and agree it is a good question to ask.

Tomorrow starts another fun work week. I hope everyone is looking forward to it as much as I am. (Cough, gag). If I didn't have to deal with toll roads, I would take W1's Rental Corolla. I drove it today. It's not that great, but driving 50 miles a day to and from work, I'd rather put the miles on their car. We were joking about how it has no power compared to the Avalon she originally had, but I have to admit, I did squall the tires today. Not purposely, but it was still funny. I recommend renting a car every now and then. Just because you can abuse it, and not worry about it lasting until it's paid off. Um, just kidding? Ha Ha.

Well, it's almost midnight, and I have to work tomorrow, so I guess that's it for now.

5 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

EVERY drug book I read says antibiotics mess up the affect of birth control pills and it states, "USE OTHER METHODS OF BIRTH CONTROL WHILE ON THIS MEDICATION"...so be careful!!! And maybe she isn't in the mood this weekend, but the drugs are prescribed for 10-14 days! She will feel better in THAT time!!!

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

That's right kids, so when you think sex, think "BB". That's all I'm sayin'.

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

I mean, no, don't think about BB when you're having sex, that's not right. I mean, uh, you know what I mean!!!

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger H1 said...

Thanks for the info Aunt M. Better safe that surprised! Ha ha ha.

Yeah Patti, I think I know what you're sayin. :)

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

You should have seen the look on the doctor's face. HAHA Good stuff man, good stuff!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home