N'awlins at heart

Sunday, January 31, 2010

I've got your "out of warranty" right here!

We went to a car show yesterday. It was definitely not what I expected. I was under the impression there would be hot rods, concept cars, bikini models... Instead it was all the great cars of 2010 that you will see and have been seeing on the road already. It was cold, and expensive. But I did get to sit in a few of the cars and discovered some stuff. I will NEVER own a Kia Soul, or any Volkswagen for that matter. I just don't fit. Nuff said.

They did have a few nice trucks. I especially liked the Toyota Tundra Carcass Edition. Or maybe it was the tailgate package. I'm not sure of the official name. It was nice though. Had a grill, cutting board, TV and other nonsense in the bed. All I know is I'd love to have that thing in Miami next Sunday.

I was also having issues with my XBOX 360 recently. (The video is pretty boring, just shows the white lines over where the 3d modeling occurs.) I called support and of course it was 3 weeks out of warranty. How convenient for Microsoft. I knew what the issue was, and I could have kept playing it until the GPU overheated and "red ringed", and they would have fixed it for free, but I didn't want to risk damaging other parts, or wait for it to be returned. So for about $25 (they would have charged $140) I followed a tutorial online and fixed it myself. Better than they would have done. I do have to admit I was a bit nervous about drilling holes in the casing, but it worked out in the end. And I only had a few spare parts. :) It was out of warranty anyway, right?

I'm guessing it worked because it was acting up after about 10 minutes originally, and I stayed up until 3:00 AM playing last night without seeing the issue.

4 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Wow, you're brave....I'm always terrified I'll make it worse (and more expensive to fix) than it was before!

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Deacon Dean said...

You ARE da MAN!!! Well done, oh Techno Wizard!!

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

I never had any doubts love, you just fix stuff. Me included. <3

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Louisiana Rose said...

That's my boy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home