N'awlins at heart

Saturday, April 07, 2007

The only stupid question is one that is never asked.

True or not I guess questions can't hurt. I bring this up because once again I'm gonna talk about bikes. Specifically, my chain and sprocket. I was discussing what I needed to purchase with the mechanic at the bike shop. And I told him I'd gotten use to the one I had. My concern was that with the one I have, I'm doing about 75mph when it says I'm doing 85mph. And I didn't want to go into a corner faster than I think I'm going. That was when he told me changing out your sprocket doesn't effect your speedomoter reading. Well, I'm glad I asked because now I know that guy doesn't really know his shit. And it may be wise to take the bike to a mechanic that does.

Speaking of bikes, bike night was awesome. They blocked off the parking lot with trucks but bikes could weave through. It "felt" safer anyway. I doubt it was because those bikes were cuttin up like crazy. So, of course, they shut the place down. Reading the forums the next day it looks like the cops showed up and yelled at them. They were even mad that the entrance was roped off (even on private property). We really missed out because I heard after we left the cops arrested cars for acting like jackasses. Two 16 year old girls for underage drinking. And another couple for having sex in the back seat of their car. I did get to see a bike run into another one while they were stuntin. And there was also a bike that fell over as we were leaving. So, all in all, if that was the last one there it was worth it to see.

H2 arrived safely Thursday night. He surprised the shit outta me. W1 knew of course. We haven't really had a chance to do anything cool though. We did stop by the bike shop yesterday and look at my other obsession. But today (and probably tomorrow) it's been raining like crazy.

We did watch "Saw III" and "The Departed". Not bad. "Saw III" was much better than "The Departed" in my opinion. (And H2's). W1 is currently napping so maybe she'll comment her opinion soon. I did throw in my weekend watching of "Not Another Teen Movie". Truly the best choice.

Ok, that's all ya get.

3 Comments:

At 6:25 PM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Sounds like Bike Night had everything covered. Glad you're having fun! (heh...my "word verification says DUI...heh)

 
At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SAW and SAW II were bad enough. How sick do you have to be to enjoy SAW III?!?!?

"Not Another Teen Movie"? Hmmmm... didn't that win an Oscar for best movie of all time???? Oh, no... that was "Highlander". I keep forgetting.

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Hannah said...

If it has Jamie Presley in it and DIDN'T win best movie ever .. well, that leaves me to think the judges are just plain silly. Indeed quite silly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home