N'awlins at heart

Sunday, April 29, 2007

How fast was I going?

With new chain and sprockets, the bike is running great. I am very impressed. In walks my new dilemma. The speedometer. Although it was off originally, it feels different now. And I honestly feel like I have no idea how fast I'm really going. (I wasn't too impressed riding home Friday when Johnny Law decided to tail me for a mile or two, and I had no idea how fast I was going. The speedometer read about 85 so I'm assuming I was doing around 70. There have been about 5 sportbike deaths in the area in the last week, all involving excessive speed, so they are really keeping an eye on us.) But I may have the problem solved. I read about this thing called the Speedo Healer. The online calculator says that just the sprocket change, not even taking "factory speedo error", puts my speedometer at 12.1% error. (See, I knew I was right.) For around $100 this thing plugs right in and fixes the inaccuracy. I think I may look into this.

It's been a pretty usual week. We've both been working like crazy. I was wondering what I had done to be punished, but I have been safe so far. (As I knock on wood). It appears that last Wednesday one of the guys from my old iPaq group got rehired. It's good in the sense that I hate to see people jobless, but bad in the sense that I hate this guy! He is the most annoying person I have ever met. Honestly, I believe within 5 minutes of meeting this guy a priest would be ready to deck him. He says the rudest and most inappropriate things at inappropriate times. He use to squirm his way into our lunches and as of day 1 he was trying again. I have successfully avoided him so far and I damn sure plan to keep it that way.

W1 and I went to see Charlie Murphy last night. He was hilarious. He even kicked some people out. They were sitting right up front center stage and kept running their mouths like they were in a speech class. He made a comment earlier on, that I guess they just didn't catch, and finally... Yep, he hit 'em with the "Get the fuck out!". I was cracking up. Everyone started clapping. It turned out to be 2 guys and 2 girls. The 2 guys tried to shake his hand, and he told them "There's no way to look cool about it, just get out." I was dying. One of the best times we've had there so far. The comedians were funny too.

I guess I should run, I'm grilling up some sirloins I got half price, having some wine, and doing rolls, corn, mashed potatos, and brussell sprouts. Then settling back and watching some TV. We miss everyone like crazy, and I'm really bummed we missed an awesome crawfish boil and what I'm sure was an amazing BBQ at the Spinneys. We're making due with what we have here. ;) Welcome home ChiaMom. We love you and we'll see you son!

5 Comments:

At 8:13 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

Mmmm, it is going to be delish! What a great weekend!!

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

You guys are so cute! Glad you had a good weekend, wish you were here.

 
At 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Imagine a brisket, smoked for 6 hours in a beer bath, and then another hour smothered with b-b-q sauce. Delicioso!!! Miss you bastages.

 
At 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we missed you much so I ate a little extra just for you

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Louisiana Rose said...

Brussell Sprouts and Asparagus, both? Pretty impressive DIL! He would NEVER eat those when he lived at home! Very impressive!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home