N'awlins at heart

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Eh, I can't complain.

W1 loves her job. S1+o just got a new job that I'm sure she will enjoy. ChiaMom got a new job back in NOLA. And H2 is starting a new job with a lot less BS. So it made me think, "should I be improving my employment status? Everyone else has things looking up for them." But W1 gave me a good realization this morning. I already appreciate the fact that I can come in whenever I like as long as I work my 8 hours. I can take breaks whenever I like as long as adding them up doesn't go past 30 minutes. And in the case that it does, it's no problem as long as I make up the extra time.

I never really looked at this part until W1 mentioned it this morning. Basically, during the day Friday my boss walked in and saw me watching cartoons (Sealab 2021) on youtube. Did he yell at me? No. Did he write me up? No. Did he fire me? No, again. So what did he do? The answer is simple. He brought in DVD's with Season 1 and 2 so I can take them home and watch them all. Not much I can say about that one. I guess there are better jobs out there, but this one has it's perks too.

2 Comments:

At 9:54 PM, Blogger Louisiana Rose said...

Obviously you should keep this job. Seems to be made for you!

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Wow, that's alright! Sounds like you're exactly where you need to be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home