N'awlins at heart

Friday, July 24, 2009

Wanna run?

I was riding home from work the other day sitting at a light. After a minute or so an F4 pulled up next to me and started talking to me. I had to turn off my ipod and finally realized he wanted to know if I had a radar detector. This fool wanted to race. I told him "No" and when the light changed he took off anyway. At the next light I mentioned I not only was without a radar detector, I was also working on a deferral for a previous ticket. (Green light, go!) At the next light he tells me, "I know a really good lawyer" and commences to verbally giving me his email address. I was supposed to email him for the lawyer's information.

Now I noticed when he was pulling away, he didn't even have a license plate. I noticed some guys around here will bend their plate up so it can't be read very easily. But no, this fool did not have a license plate at all. So when I got home, thinking of my ticket track record as it is, I decided it was not in my best interest to email this guy. It would not be smart for me to start hanging around with a guy who wants to race every stranger, and does not have a license plate at all. But at least he was ready to hand out his lawyers info (which was pretty nice of him).

4 Comments:

At 11:16 PM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Ah, the difference between your 20's and 30's.... 'cause you know 10 years ago you would have been all over that!!

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger H1 said...

Ha Ha Ha. And you right.

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Louisiana Rose said...

You ALWAYS think things through! Proud of ya, I say.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

He does always think things through, sometimes to the point where it drives me batty. Good to have at least one level-headed person in the house though.

Psst, it aint me. teehee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home