N'awlins at heart

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Now I have your football. What did you learn?

I was riding in to work the other morning and I passed a dodge ram that caught my eye. Dark tinted windows and a flat black paint job. When I got closer I realized the paint job looked like those spray in bed liners. That black, bumpy, scratchy texture. But it was the whole truck. It looked mean as hell. I want that!

Work was a little insane last week. Take two days off and spend the whole next week catching up. Then as a bonus, we got a few different samples of the new stuff coming in this season. So that added to my workload. But the way things are around there I'd much rather be over worked than looking for something to do.

Since it is Memorial Day weekend I took some initiative and cut the guys in our lab loose a few hours early. Talk about a wild abuse of power. I really just wanted to leave early myself, but would have felt guilty taking off and leaving them all there.

We had our annual kind of work but not really BBQ today. And by that I mean, it's a BBQ that Coworker-R has been having with his old group every year. It consists of about 8 - 10 people that now work in various places, and they get together for a non work sponsored event. I was invited into this elite group a few years back on account of how cool I am, and we have been hanging with them ever since. It wasn't bad. We arrived a little late, as did our group. They were unable to secure our usual table, and we ended up with an uncovered picnic table. After a few hours a group left and we were able to take their covered area. And none too soon. Maybe 45 minutes later the sky opened up. And in the middle of the storm, a football fell from the sky. Yep, you heard that correctly, from the sky. There was nobody anywhere around and the football bounced on the ground next to us. (I'm actually guessing little Billy Gillette from the earlier party kicked it on the roof, or in a tree.) I went ahead and picked it up, crossed out the "GILLETTE" written across the side with a sharpie, and commenced to playing with my new football. Serves Billy (I'm just guessing the first name there) right for trying to be a show off. I can just see him now. "Hey everybody, watch how high I can kick the ball". How do you feel now Billy? You went home empty handed.

I know I am way behind, and I don't want to leave anyone out from last weekend. Congratulations, thanks, miss and love you all. We had such a great time and I can't wait to see everyone again.

4 Comments:

At 8:50 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

We HATE Billy Gillette!

 
At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

His mother told me was was SPECIAL!

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Is that little Billy Gillette, the heir to the razor throne? His dad can buy him a new one - no worries!!

My wv is wingra - is that the bird version of a thundercat? HO!!!

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

Patti said, "HO". HAHA!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home