N'awlins at heart

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

If it's a father and son company ask for the father.*

When we last spoke it was before my departmental party. We were put on teams, we played games, I rode a tricycle, and I was a teddy bear wrangler. Correct, a teddy bear wrangler. There were sheets, and teddy bears, and teams, and tossing, and a whole mess of nonsense. Including tug of war.

I was on the losing, er, I mean, red team. My team consisted of mainly marketing personnel. What a bunch of tenderfeet. Yours truly was the Anchor Man. Except these jerks all let go of the rope. Like on Revenge of the Nerds. Except I was inside the loop of rope at the end. No bueno.

But things got better. We got a 4th of July visit from the S-clan. It was a great time to see everyone again. The St. Arnold Brewery was sweet. Love ya sis! Well, before that was a week with Ian. Good times at Suck Willies. Even though the waitress was worthless.

I also forgot to mention, before that was the convalidation. It was really great to see everyone again. Thank you Mom and Pop for all the work you put into it. Everything was wonderful. And I really loved the red velvet cake.

Okay you guys, quit interrupting. You're breaking my train of thought. Where was I? Oh yeah. Sometimes when I'm picking out my work clothes I notice they don't match. And then I think to myself "I don't really care if my clothes match."

Speaking of work, not a lot of fun lately. It pays the bills and I am thankful to be where I am but damn, does every day have to suck? Okay, it's not that bad but it has been busy, and a bit stressful. I've had missing shipments, and insane amounts of equipment arriving. Everyone needs everything, yesterday. And it takes me hours to sort through email. Every morning. No, really.

Thank you and good day. :)

* Hank Hill

4 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

You said there was tossing (hehe). AND, you got to be Anchor Man - did you get a fake 'stache?

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

'Coz you pick out your clothes. Uh-huh.

<3

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Louisiana Rose said...

But you have so much love surround you when you get home. Dont worry about "work."

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

Awhh, I hope he thinks so too Mom, I really do!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home