N'awlins at heart

Sunday, September 13, 2009

(Name) drop it like it's hot.

First off. Happy Birthday my sweet angel! I am so glad you chose me to spend your life with, and I can't wait to spend more and more birthdays with you.

I was at work Thursday and as all of you know I work for a VERY large computer corporation. I've had some of these tenderfoot marketing individuals name drop on me in an attempt to put a rush on a favor, but it's usually our department head, or my bosses boss. This time was unbelievable, the lady actually name dropped the CEO. The CEO of the freakin company needs this computer ready tomorrow? But he doesn't even live in the same state. Anyway, name dropping the CEO an hour before I get off work and then asking me to do about 3 and 1/2 hours of work doesn't make me want to help you out now or in the future. Whatever, it was ready by Friday afternoon.

It rained most of last week so hopefully this week will be better. Although I think the plants are pretty pleased with the rain. The things are probably damn near drowning. I was only able to ride the bike one day because of the rain, although it was a short week. Yeah, this week will definitely be better. No doubt.

We have replaced the coworker who was let go. I guess the new guy is alright. I can't wait until he gets the hang of everything so I'm not stuck taking up the rest of the slack. But it does make the weeks fly by. But then again, the weekends fly by too.

Speaking of, I hope everyone is ready for a new work week. I know I am. A whole lot more of the same. But it is nice to have that paycheck. And to have somewhere to go during the week.

Sorry this one wasn't all that great. Still a little hung over. Once again, happy birthday my love. I hope you enjoyed the weekend. I love you. :)

3 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

Thank you for a perfect birthday!

 
At 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta love the name droppers!!

Congrats on giving your love a great weekend!!

We had dinner at Spinneys yesterday. Ian did all the cooking! Burgers and sausages, and cole slaw... deeeee-lish!!

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger H1 said...

Mmmmm, I bet that was good. That boy is becoming a pretty good cook. Just like his dad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home