N'awlins at heart

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

And I did them all a favor.

So I walk into the garage at work the other day and I hear someone's stereo blaring. I just figured it was some kid showing off his car stereo to his friends at work. When I rounded the corner I saw it was a guy parking his motorcycle. And the stereo was blaring... Zebra... "Tell me what you waaaaaaaant". Now I love Zebra just as much as the next guy, but really? Seriously? 1982 called, they want their music back. Kinda reminded me of Billy Madison when he went back to High School rockin the REO Speedwagon shirt. (I still love the bird on the hood.)

The Seattle trip was great. We arrive at the airport, exit the plane, head to luggage pickup and Hannah asks "Are you mad at me?" "No baby, I'm not mad."

A minute or so later she asks "Did I do something wrong?" "No baby, I'm not mad. Relax."

And again "Are you mad at me?" "No baby. Come on. I love you. What's up?"

It was this moment when I realized what was going on. I had not been back to Seattle pretty much since I got out of the Navy. I saw the shipyard from the plane window when we were landing. I HATED being in the Navy and I apparently still harbor some bitterness towards it. I explained what the issue is and we moved on. Just in time to find Hannah's little sister. Oh my God the girl is constantly at an 11. She is a fool. And great fun to hang out with. By the time the trip was over my jaw actually hurt from smiling and laughing the whole time.

I feel bad looking back (as a lot of people do) because that place was gorgeous. And I was still a kid the entire time we lived there. My only concern was, when and where will the next round of insane drinking commence? And I never noticed how nice the scenery was. Still to cold for me though. It's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

The super scary hurricane was on it's way. It was supposed to rain every day this week. But not a drop by our house. Not a drop on my drive to or from work. Why did I not ride the bike? Today would have been perfect. 80's with a nice breeze. Overcast. Like i said, why did I not ride the bike? Because the butterfly effect I guess. (Going out on a limb here.) But maybe the kickstand caused a wind to shift the polar ice glaciers in just a minute enough way to move the storm over my peaceful ride home.

Ummmm. Big ass TV? Check.

I'm looking forward to the wedding coming up. It'll be nice to see a lot of the family again. I probably should have stuck to my daily workout I quit a year ago. I feel bad looking back (as a lot of people do)... Oh wait, didn't we just cover that?

A lot of the equipment in our lab are hallway finds. Like today. One of our servers has an old 14" CRT monitor. I was out in the hall and noticed the lab next to us had a 15" flat panel they threw out into the surplus box. So I snatched it and attached it to our server. When I saw it worked I put the CRT in the surplus box in the hallway with a note taped to it. "Fair trade!" Because we really needed the upgrade and they really needed old crap to send to surplus. It's win - win right?

And I did Hannah and the dry cleaners a favor. But that's for another day.

1 Comments:

At 10:37 AM, Blogger Hannah said...

You did do that dry cleaner a favor. And I love you for it angel!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home