N'awlins at heart

Monday, March 29, 2010

I am not against the killing of fish...


W1 is an Intervention Addict. If it's a new one, we had better be home in time to watch it. Which is all good. Some of these people are freaks. I don't feel that hour was completely wasted.

It also often times gives me the opportunity to cook. Tonight was not as much effort though. (We cheated using a Boboli Crust). But it was definitely delicious. Pepperoni, Ham, Pineapple, and Jalapenos with extra cheese made for some delicious pizza. No doubt in my mind.

After Intervention comes a show about Hoarders. They keep a bunch of crap for a long time until their houses are full of it. They even had one where the lady bought the house next door and filled it with more crap. How "Rich Guy" is it that you buy the house next door for storage? Insane.

It made me apologize to W1 for my hoarding, but it was for good reason. I hoard plastic bags from the grocery store. I have a cabinet full of them. The thing is, I don't keep them because I expect to use them, I know I have more than I could ever use. But I always think I would rather them fill a cabinet in my kitchen, than float around the Pacific Ocean killing aquatic life. You know, fishes and octopi and such. (How's that for some Green Peace Tree Hugger crap?)

5 Comments:

At 5:57 AM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

You made pizza - heheh

I can't watch Hoarders, it makes me ill. I literally wince and can't look.

Next time you go to the grocery store, look near the entrance or exit, a lot of places have a recycle bit for their plastic bags.

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

Was soooo delicious love, thank you!

 
At 6:29 PM, Anonymous Major Dad said...

Another way to cheat is to use pita bread for the crust. Mini pizza's!!!

And why don't you buy a few of those reusable grocery bags at the store. Most stores carry them now and you can feel good about your tree huggin', wussy, hippy ass!!!

 
At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Major Dad said...

P.S. How is it that I grew up in a commune, and you're the Hippy?

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Louisiana Rose said...

You are, of course, using those bags for your trash cans in the bathroom, bedroom, etc aren't you??

I have a freind that works at a food bank --like Second Harvesters-- and she is always very happy to take them. She says they are expensive. I'll think Goodwill can use them too.

foutpoo?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home