N'awlins at heart

Monday, April 18, 2011

Slowly becoming my "Check out our rides" blog.

Yes, I know. I never blog and when I do it's about the cars. And once again, here ya go.

When I first got my car I was having stereo issues. So I joined a Magnum forum. They definitely had some useful information, but they were slow to answer some of my questions. That's when I realized I had joined a forum for customizing your car. And these guys go nuts. They change out the front end for the one on the Charger, or the Chrysler 300. (Apparently this requires changing out your hood, grill, and welding. More work than I plan to do, although they look pretty sweet.)

While going through pages and pages of posts I found something out. Looks like the early LX models came with a PCM cover. Then one day they decided to stop installing it. My only guess is that they saved $4 per car leaving this part out. It doesn't look like it does anything but clean up the look of the engine. I would say it probably cost them around $4 because I bought it for $12 from a dealership.

Check out the before and after pictures because I think it was well worth the $12 even with another $11 in shipping.

Without PCM Cover (Above)

With PCM Cover (Above)

And just in case you were wondering, this is what my bad ass HEMI's "guts" look like.

2 Comments:

At 8:29 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

That's hot.

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Louisiana Rose said...

I like your guts!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home