N'awlins at heart

Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Hey, look at me!

As I was leaving for the day I made the statement to everyone, "See you tomorrow. I'll be in late because I have physical therapy." To which the girl in the lab replies "Have a good session. Enjoy your massage." It was about this time I realized she has no idea what goes on in physical therapy. For those of you who haven't been, you don't get a massage and you definitely don't feel like you just got one when you leave.

Speaking of therapy, my therapist made a comment that bothered me last time I went. I walked to the back (no crutches, no cane, just me) and she looks at me and says "You're limping more than you should be." Really? Me? You do realize I snapped my femur in half, right? Oh, you do? Okay, I just wanted to make sure we're on the same page. By the way, isn't it your job to fix that? I'm just saying, tell me what I'm doing wrong so I can work on it.

And guess what. I was able to take a shower standing up this morning. Have some of that!

They had me working on something called a core board. Basically it's an oval shaped board, that rocks all around. So I have my bad leg up front and the good leg in the back, and I rock forward and backward for 3 minutes. Then I switch leg positions for 3 more minutes. Only last time it put me facing a guy in a wheelchair working on the weights you have to pull with your hands. He was having a lot of trouble and I don't know about his accident but I don't think he'll ever get out of the wheel chair. So here I am almost face to face with this guy rocking forward and backwards almost like I was rubbing it in. I could see him looking at me out of the corner of his eye. Talk about a guilt filled 6 minutes.

I hope everyone is having fun at Mardi Gras. It's been a long day of missing everyone and wishing we were there. I love all the pictures. Keep posting them. By next year I think we'll be ready to go!

We also had a great visit from Patti this weekend. I loved seeing you. Thanks for coming by. :) Love you!

2 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, Blogger Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

So, Physical Therapy is code for Massage? Nice.

I had an awesome visit and wish it could have been longer!!!

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Louisiana Rose said...

Stop limping!!!
(oh, and miss you.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home