N'awlins at heart

Saturday, January 29, 2011

"I was sittin' in the car while y'all were in the store."

"And..."

"That was it. It was nice sitting in my car."

That was a conversation between Hannah and I this morning. I was talking about my new car. I picked it up last week and the thing is just wicked. It's the R/T so it has the 5.7L HEMI. Just sweet. I told Hannah if I'm getting the Magnum that I've wanted since they came out in 2005 it was all or nothing. Hence the HEMI. It also has heated leather seats and came with the Boston Acoustics stereo. The (6) speakers are already running off of an amp. But of course I want a little more bass so I picked this up.

I don't have all the stuff I need to hook that sub up in my car yet so I put it in Hannah's Scion to test it. That thing is obnoxious! I can't wait for our tax return because I think Hannah needs one in there permanently. It's like DJ's old stereo where you can feel the hair on top of your head vibrating. I think I smell a road trip in the near future. We've never been to Austin.

Ha Ha, just messing with you. DJ and Justin sound like they are interested in seeing the ride and doing me the favor of installing that sub so I may take them up on the offer. My only concern is if I'm ready for that 6 hour drive. But it'd be nice to let someone else mess with crawling around in there running wires and installing switches. And if I'm gonna take that drive I might as well do it in a 5.7L HEMI with heated leather seats. I'm just sayin'.

Speaking of my hip Physical Therapy is going as well as I can hope for. They have me use a cane while I am there but I am still on a crutch when I'm not there. I notice I'm a little wobbly on the cane. At first I thought it was because I couldn't steady it with my armpit like the crutch but I think it may be the weight of it. They had me on Bariatric crutches (the therapist kept saying it so I had to look it up) and they've gotta weigh about 20 pounds. A piece. Okay, a little exaggeration but them bad boys are heavy. "Same stuff they use in the space shuttle." Then they hand me this 5oz aluminum stick and expect me to walk with it.

But they have me stepping up and down, using a leg machine, walking in between parallel bars, marching in place, and a bunch of stretches. My favorite seems to be the exercise bike. It's a nice 8 minutes of zoning out and pedaling. And it seems to stretch the muscles pretty well.

Speaking of my car, I was doing my step up exercises at Physical Therapy and I guess I was smiling. One of the therapists asked why I was smiling and I told her "Because I can see my new car from here.". And we all had a good chuckle.

After I test drove the car I can tell I was way too excited thinking about it. When I was on the phone with the bank someone knocked on my office door. After I got off the phone I went to see who had knocked and forgot all about the crutch. Just got up and walked towards the door like Jesus had healed me. I say "towards the door" because it only took one step on the bad leg to realize I'm not quite ready to walk yet.

Frustrating or not I do see improvement. I can't say every day it feels better but when I look back at the week before I do notice the progress. Unfortunately I'm impatient. :)

2 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, Blogger Louisiana Rose said...

Ok, first...you got me on that trip to Austin! Bad boy!

Second...I think those crutches ARE 20 lbs each so WHY did they give you the bariatric ones? (if you look at the side it says up to 650 lbs.)

Lastly, glad you like the new wheels, congrats, and are you saying you're on either one crutch or a cane now?

Love ya, think you can make the drive, I'm just sayin'

XXXOOO

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger H1 said...

On one crutch normally, but a can during therapy. Sorry about the trip to Austin, I thought it'd be funny. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home